What Were Your Biggest Charter School Challenges in 2019?
This year, at the National Charter Schools Conference, we asked the visitors to our Charter School Capital booth one simple question…”What is the biggest challenge that charter schools face?”. We had 248 respondents from states all across the nation, and while not an enormous number to provide clear statistical significance, we did find the results interesting and thought you might too. In this post, we’re sharing the results of our survey with you.
- 24% of respondents said that increasing or sustaining enrollment was a top challenge
- 19% said that retaining teachers was their biggest challenge
- 16% of respondents said that accessing/improving facilities was their top challenge
Leverage a full suite of best-in-class digital and traditional marketing services to attract more families to your school! Charter School Capital’s Enrollment Marketing Program is designed to positively impact your charter school’s viability by boosting enrollment numbers through targeted marketing efforts
Notable Highlights, State Specific:
- More than 1/3 of our California respondents said increasing or sustaining enrollment was their greatest challenge
- In Michigan, retaining teachers was the leading challenge by a wide margin (20 of 31 respondents)
- The leading challenge in Florida, according to our respondents was accessing/improving facilities
- More than half of the Texas respondents shared that increasing or sustaining enrollment was their greatest challenge. (11 of 18)
Note: Other state responses were spread across the categories with no notable leader and were therefore not called out here.
Achieve long-term stability with our customized charter school facilities financing options which are designed to meet your school’s unique needs. Charter School Capital offers stable and flexible facilities financing product. This is a long-term lease that allows schools to access funding through all stages of growth. As a long-term partner, our team works closely with you as we explore budgetary and financial options to assist you in achieving your facilities goals.
Since the company’s inception in 2007, Charter School Capital has been committed to the success of charter schools. We help schools access, leverage, and sustain the resources charter schools need to thrive, allowing them to focus on what matters most – educating students. Our extensive toolbox of innovative and customizable solutions are designed exclusively for charter schools. This wide range of products and services has been developed to address the diverse set of challenges charter leaders face Our depth of experience working with charter school leaders and our knowledge of how to address charter school financial and operational needs have allowed us to provide over $2 billion in support of 600 charter schools that have educated over 1,027,000 students across the country. For more information on how we can support your charter school, contact us. We’d love to work with you!