Preparing for Charter School Community Action
As of this morning, the 2020 California Charter Schools Conference has been cancelled due to safety concerns around COVID-19.
While we’re sad we won’t have the chance to meet with the charter school community in person next week, we all understand and appreciate that everyone’s health and safety is a first priority. (My mom always said, “Your health is the most important thing…”)
Mayo Clinic Distinguished Investigator Addresses COVID-19 for Charter Leaders
With all the COVID-19 news out there right now it’s hard to separate hype from reality. To help school leaders cut through the news and general hype, we’ve invited an expert to speak to the charter community about just that.
Join us Friday, March 13 with the Distinguished Investigator of the Mayo Clinic, Gregory A. Poland, M.D. on the health implications of COVID-19. In this live discussion, Dr. Poland will answer questions of our audience. Click the link below to join the discussion.
Friday, March 13 | 10 a.m. PDT
In this session, participants will learn:
- How to move beyond the headlines and better understand what’s real and what’s hype?
- How to ensure a safe environment for students, staff and your families
- When is the right time to take what kind of action?
- And when is “wash your hands” enough?
This is the first in a three-webinar series to help charter school leaders prepare for a proper response to the virus. The next two are on the following two Fridays:
- COVID-19: Six Essential Guidelines for Contingency & Communications Planning
- Friday, March 20th | 10:00 A.M. PT
- COVID-19: Preparing for Attendance and Staffing Issues
- Friday, March 27th | 10:00 A.M. PT
Additional Charter School Content for Your Consideration
Because we can’t meet at the conference, we’re taking this opportunity to share the content we were going to unveil in Long Beach here:
- Enrollment Marketing session — we’re offering our Enrollment Marketing 101 webinar on-demand! Additionally, you can download the Digital Marketing for Charter Schools Manual to walk through refining your school’s messaging, setting strategic marketing goals, and achieving them through a variety of digital marketing programs.
- Bridge to Bond session — in lieu of our scheduled poster session on bridging the financial gap as you work towards your bond, we’ll be sharing the information on Bridge Financing in an April 24 webinar that we’ll be hosting. It’s still a ways out, but you can reserve your spot for that one here.
- Authorizer ED Summit — we were very excited to host a town-hall style Q&A with Greg Richmond, former President and CEO of NACSA and Corey Loomis, Charter School Director of Riverside County and Vice-Chair of California Charter Authorizing Professionals. While this in-person luncheon can no longer take place, we’re hoping to turn it into a digital session in the coming months. Please stay tuned to our usual channels for more information.
Lastly, we know things feel a little crazy – know that we’re here to support the charter school community – and you. As always, your feedback is what keeps us going… please let us know how we might better continue to serve this wonderful charter school community.
Since the company’s inception in 2007, Charter School Capital has been committed to the success of charter schools. We help schools access, leverage, and sustain the resources charter schools need to thrive, allowing them to focus on what matters most – educating students. Our depth of experience working with charter school leaders and our knowledge of how to address charter school financial and operational needs have allowed us to provide over $2 billion in support of 600 charter schools that have educated over 1,027,000 students across the country. For more information on how we can support your charter school, contact us. We’d love to work with you!