We are excited for you to join us in Austin, Texas, for the National Charter Schools Conference (NCSC18), June 17-20! Did you know they’re expecting nearly 4,500 attendees? There will also be over 260 exhibitors on site who provide the resources and support that help charter schools succeed.
You’ll find all of the vendors in the Exhibit Hall. Please be sure to stop by and visit with us at the Charter School Capital booth (#1307).
- Grab the We Love Charter Schools fan (find it in your registration bag)
- Take a photo with it using the hashtag #welovecharterschools
- Then share on Twitter for a chance to win a special prize!
Also in the Exhibit Hall, you’ll find a Charter Talks stage, including TED Talk-style presentations from school leaders and advocacy thought-leaders, live music, and book chats and signings. They will also be hosting a coffee bar and providing boxed lunches to keep us all fully charged throughout these busy days.
Ready to network? Come to the Happy Hour on Sunday night, 6-8 p.m.! We’ll be there and are looking forward to meeting other fellow charter movement enthusiasts!
We’re honored to be presenting two brand new sessions at this year’s National Charter Schools Conference:
Monday, June 18 | 2:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. | Room 12 A/B
Whether your school is growing student enrollment, expanding facilities, or implementing new educational programs, we can all agree that a school’s financial wellness is one of the most important aspects of running a successful charter organization. Without sound financial wellness, schools close, regardless of how successful they were at educating students. Get armed with the right knowledge, techniques, and materials to ensure financial success and learn how to avoid the pitfalls that may cause trouble.
Tuesday, June 19 | 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. | Room 12 A/B
Since the opening of Charter School Capital 10 years ago, we’ve reviewed thousands of charter school budgets. Year after year, we see common mistakes many charter schools make when budgeting for their academic year. Hear from charter school finance experts as they give you a breakdown of budgeting best practices to help you have a financially successful academic year. Don’t just survive — thrive!
To learn more about the sessions, set up a 1:1 time to meet with us, or add them to your calendar, click here. And don’t worry, if you can’t be there in person, we’ll be live streaming the sessions on our Facebook page. Be sure to follow us so you don’t miss a thing!
Get the most out of your time at a conference with these handy tips
Before the conference:
- Build relationships! If you know of people you want to reconnect with or get to know better who will be attending—clients, vendors, friends-of-friends—reach out a few weeks before the conference to set up a time to meet for coffee or a meal while you’re at the event.
- Plan your sessions – Try to attend a range of topics, skill-building sessions, and social events, but make sure to allow for downtime. It’s all about making the most of your time there.
- Know which conference social activities you plan on attending ahead of time so you can set up some great networking opportunities!
At the conference:
- Connect with the speakers of all the sessions you attend.
- Use Google docs to collaborate and share session notes with your team. If time is short, list the “immediate actions” you gathered from your sessions–even just the three key takeaways and any notes on follow-ups you’d like to do on the topic or with the speakers.
- Keep a list of vendors you spoke to on the exhibit floor for solutions to future needs. And, so they don’t get lost at the bottom of your swag bag, bring an empty business card case to keep those cards handy for later!
After the conference:
- Within a week of returning from the event, send a personal follow-up to everyone you met to let them know you enjoyed meeting them
- If you met anyone you specifically want to do business or build a relationship with, set up a phone call or face-to-face meeting.
- Not everyone is able to attend conferences in person. Be generous with your new information, inspiration, and contacts you made at the conference by sharing them with your fellow co-workers, colleagues, and friends!