Charter School Facilities Program Overview
About Charter School Capital
Working exclusively with charter schools, we measure our success by the number of students we serve. Our team works with all sizes – and types – of charter schools to budget and plan for current needs and future growth – whether your school requires operational capital, growth funding, or facilities expansion. We partner with our clients so they can focus on what’s most important – educating students.
Long-Term Lease Financing
Our lease product allows schools to access funding through all stages of growth – from startup to expansion through maturity. Our transparent lease terms mean that there are no artificial incentives to seek refinancing – another great benefit. As a long-term partner, our team carefully evaluates each school’s unique operation to help them determine the revenue that can be committed to supporting facilities.
Benefits of Long-Term Lease Financing
- Finances 100% of your total project cost
- Retain control of your facilities
- Enhancements of existing buildings and ground-up construction
- Ensures long term affordability
- Tenant improvements included in the financing
- Customized to school specifications (blended learning model, traditional, etc.)
Charter School Capital Facilities Program Overview
As part of our ongoing support of charter school growth, our Facilities team assists charter leaders in finding appropriate real estate, providing long-term lease financing as well as managing leases and facilities development. We are building our portfolio specifically with charter school properties in order to service a niche market with niche needs. We currently own 42 school properties in 11 states, more than $350 million in assets.
Financing Approval Criteria
Our experienced team will support you every step of the way and answer any questions you may have.
- Experienced school leadership
- Proven and consistent track record of operational success
- History of good academic performance
- Stable or increasing enrollment
- Strong community demand (student waitlists, expanding grades)
- Sound financial performance
- Lease payment target that’s less than 20% of total revenue
- A healthy relationship with the school’s authorizer
- Solid and engaged Board of Directors
The Ultimate Guide to Charter School Facility Financing:
Thinking about a new facility for your charter school or enhancing your current one? This guide shares straightforward and actionable advice on facilities planning, financing options, getting approved, choosing a partner, and much more! Download it here.